Saturday, 30 August 2008

jack of all trades

...and master of none.

This August has been one of absolute madness. I have worked as an o el-o (office lady), a translator, a transcriber, a data input girl, a fixer, an event coordinator, a writer... I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I'm tired and it doesn't seem to end. A quick peek at my September schedule: o el-o continues, translation continues, transcribing continues, data input girl continues, event coordinator continues... ARGH.

Talking to a director today, he asked me something that I have been asked many times by producers/directors over the past five years: What do you want to do? My answer has not changed: Err... I'm not sure...

Film-making is, to me (and most of the other people who work in film who I've met actually), a little like heroin. It's addictive. It's fun, it's challenging, it's crazy and once you start, it's like you can't stop. Hm. At the beginning of the year, and even at the beginning of summer, I was quite sure that film-making in my life had come to an end. Now, at the end of summer, I'm not so sure anymore.

God answers prayers by closing doors - I'm waiting on God to close the door to filmmaking (even though there's a part of me that hopes He never will...) Hm.

God bless me.

No comments: