I have also discovered of late, that I am a Pharisee - hypocritical as flip and completely unable to see the plank in my own eyes despite always seeing the speck in others'. I boast and I brag and I have learnt not to (although failing miserably at times - why do I have such a competitive nature, why do I always have to have done this or that or the other and have such a need to let others know about it) but it still happens from time to time.
It has also come to my notice that I am beginning to swear a lot again - it went down for a while earlier in the year - and I'm slowly beginning to move back to my old ways. Thank goodness I haven't taken up smoking again/yet (although the chances of that, thank God, are miniscule because my favourite brand of cigs have gone out of production...)
Anyway. This post is titled rolling with the punches because I have to learn to do that and not stand up straight to be hit because then I'll fall much quicker. I have utmost respect for those (like my boss) who can work with whatever they are given. I have to say, if I had to work with me, I would have slapped me on the head or fired me by now. Grace is what it is, and I shall never forget it.
Okay back to work. Enough of this procrastination... I might go and check on Nana before I go back to work though...
God bless the office.

No comments:
Post a Comment