Friday, 19 March 2010

A Single Man

The introduction to the film reminded me of John Mayer's song Dreaming with a broken heart... I suppose because I first heard that song when I was indeed, dreaming with a broken heart, so the song resonates, still, today.

The film was highly stylized, it was colour-toned to each character, each period, each incident. The graininess of the film helped tell the story, added to the emotion. I felt the heartache... Or well, it made me recall what I went through. Not that Shu died. It might have been better for me if he'd died *sigh*

But anyway. I have to go see this film again. The problem with watching films with K is that I never get to stay to watch the credits roll. He's too busy to stay the extra five minutes *sigh*

What a great film. You go, Tom Ford.

God bless.

No comments: