Saturday, 14 May 2011

I heart China.

Hong Kong --> Chengdu --> Nanjing --> Guangzhou in five days. I love travelling :D

For some reason, I had this evening off, and I have tomorrow morning off. I have decided that I have to get up to go to Vero Moda because I love their jeans! With the help of google maps, I've found the closest Vero Moda to the Westin, where I am staying. I have to add here, that my room at the Westin is the size of my sister's entire flat. I kid you not. Including a bathroom that's the size of both her bedrooms. Madness. I love this hotel haha. And yes, I have the crappiest room out of the six people who are here, but hey, it's still amazing.

Kinda wish the boys were here, because then we'd go exploring tomorrow, but on the other hand, if the boys were here, I wouldn't go to Vero Moda :D Hahaha!!

Eleven more days of travelling, going from hotel to hotels, in planes, in trains, in cars... Four more cities to go. Fun times. Wish I could get a stamp in my passport for every city I go to, but no. I've gotten the one into Chengdu, and then I'll get one out from Shanghai. I wonder if my Shanghai boy will let me see him when I'm there. I wonder...

I actually really liked Nanjing. The food in Chengdu was better (if only because we had less time in the old capital so we ended up eating most of our meals at either our hotel or at the Westin Nanjing), but Nanjing is beautiful and reminded me of Shanghai. I wish I could go back there... I hope Boss does a concert there at some point, and that we'll have more time to look around. That said, the boys and I went to the Nanjing Massacre Memorial Museum, which was a sad, sombre reminder of events that happened not all that long ago. It's no wonder so many Chinese people hate the Japanese, but on the other hand, those responsible for the atrocities are long dead, and perhaps while we definitely shouldn't forget, the forgiving should start, and soon...

Anyhoo. I'm glad I'm in China and not at home moping *eyes roll* Douche.

God bless the douches.

No comments: