I was talking to a friend who works in music and he asked me what kind of music I like. I couldn't really say... I asked him whether I could tell him the music I listen to for him to try to discern what kind of music I like.
Dire Straits, Good Charlotte, Dear Jane, Khalil Fong, Jay Chou, David Tao - prefer his older music, Rachmaninov, Chopin - esp his Fantasie Impromptu dunno why haha, Tchaikovsky - esp the 1812, Janis Ian, Tom Read, Yarinda, Guns n Roses, Joni Mitchell, Stefanie Sun, Kay Tse, Lee Hom, Le Couple, Matt Redman, Pulp, Peggy Lee, soundtracks - faves include Il Mare, Great Expectations, Kissing Jessica Stein, Nana... and the list goes on...
He laughed after I'd spewed all that out and more I think, and he shook his head and said I listen to a lot of different music. Heh. I do. I don't know why. I told him I like jazz but I don't know what to buy what to listen to, I told him I love classical but besides Rachmaninov, most other people I just listen to certain pieces over and over. He commented that I don't listen to much R&B and the only R&B I listen to are... Chinese singers, which I never realized. It's true - Khalil, David Tao, even Lee Hom... ya know.
Anyhoo. I told him I used to listen to Aaron Kwok and Take That but I haven't in a while. I told him that there are a million songs that I like but that I wouldn't say I listened to those people who sang them - like certain Denise Ho songs, and certain Taiwanese singers... I dunno. Music. I love music. I just have no specific road I like to travel when it comes to music.
Music. Must bring lots of music to Shanghai to keep me company...
God bless.
Saturday, 7 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment