Tuesday, 3 April 2007

Shanghai...

Dear ShuShu,

I had to sleep Sunday night so I couldn't go into detail. Hahahhaaa...

It was super tough getting up Sunday morning, but because I was the lowest ranked of the four going to Shanghai, I got to sit in the back. That is, I got the whole of the back seat to myself MWAAHAHAHAHAAHHAA So yeah it was bumpy and all but I had lots of space to stretch out and pass out. I didn't sleep as much as I would if I were less excited, but I was super excited and a little apprehensive so yeah. Heh.

Upon arrival into Shanghai, we got off at Gang Hui Guang Chang which is owned by Li Ka Shing if I recall correctly, and I proceeded to lose my phone. I had a burning hot grande vanilla latte in one hand and my free (left) hand couldn't find my phone. So I had to yell at the Production Manager (who actually is a friend of q's but doesn't remember me) to stop and call me because I couldn't locate my phone. Turns out I'd chucked my phone into my hash bag (the cloth sling bag with the marijuana leaf on it) DUH BRAIN.

Once I'd found my phone I called the ex who said I should go up to the house and hang out with the guys. So I did, and then I realized I'd forgotten the cross-section street of where he lived and thus had to (sheepishly) ask. He seemed (and rightfully so, I think) rather surprised/shocked/suspicious as he said I still live in the same place... Yes duh, it's me with the bad memory okay *sigh*

I next proceeded to look for taxi stand. But before I found it, I remembered that even though this is a big city, this is still China - cabs stop EVERYWHERE. Mwahahaha. So I just went to the closest exit... and flagged a cab. Got into the front seat, checked that the driver wasn't belted up and sat comfortably whilst being driven along beautiful beautiful Shanghai.

Shanghai on Sunday was again, like England. Wet, cold, dreary and grey. Honestly. I could've been in London. But the tree-lined roads, the beautiful houses... I really miss Shanghai so much.

Got to my ex's place and his flattie opened the door. Ced really didn't recognize me. It was really funny. It's my grin that gives me away, everytime. I grinned and his jaw dropped. He asked me what I was doing there before he reached to open the gate. Heh. I think because I broke my ex's heart so bad, he was a little wary of opening the door for me. I don't blame him. I gave him a big hug for loving my ex that much, and also because I miss Ced. He's so funny and so smart and so stressed out all the time. My goodness. He was actually meeting with the people from H&M - he's organizing the H&M launch in Shanghai. Good luck Ced...!!

Anyway, it was good to hang out with the ex. All my exes have become friends of mine, not exactly good friends because I don't hang with them all the time, but close enough for easy comfortable silence, and to still have things to talk about despite not seeing each other for a year or so. I'd been worried we could never be friends because... well because he'd gotten so serious *sigh* and it'd gone terribly. But God is always good to me. He gives me such great guys in my life. Ah well. I miss his sofa. I've not met a single person who's a regular guest of that house who has not fell asleep on that sofa. Honestly.

And then TMNT!!!!!!!!! Dude!!! I'm still amazed that parts of it were done in Hong Kong. (By that I mean by a Hong Kong animation house.) No kidding. It's great brainless entertainment. Love it. And there was this one joke that was so funny but that no one got except me. I wished SO BADLY that ShuShu you were there because you would have rolled your eyes and then started laughing. As I did.

After TMNT, I found out that a replay of the Liverpool-Arsenal game was playing so I watched that for half an hour, but then had to leave for church.

That church. I remember Janice telling me she didn't like it very much. I suppose I can see why... Ah well. I kept hoping they'd sing a song from The Vine's worship album haha. But no. Heh. They did sing several songs I know though so I was a happy girl. But they also sang two songs that will remain etched in my brain for a while at least. The first was a super country/Western song. Really... I felt like I'd gone to Texas or something. The second was SUPER DUPER cantopop. Honestly. The whole song. SUPER cantopop. There was even a Cantopoppy bridge. I could hear Andy Hui or Joey Yung singing it. Or even SoftCow at karaoke. No kidding. And I felt really bad about two-thirds into the song because everyone else was singing their hearts out worshipping God and there I was, in shock that there was a worship song that was so cantopoppy. I wish I remembered the lyrics maybe I could've googled the song and found out what it was called...

Anyway. I was so glad to be at church. It's been too long. And I'm so busy here that I forget to read the Bible and I forget to pray and that's just pathetic because my life should revolve around God and not around work. Hm.

Anyway, after church I stepped out of the ivy-covered building... OH! Hahahaha. This I found quite funny - when the guy asked if there were any new people to welcome, he asked all the new people to stand up. This usher guy came standing next to me (I was sitting at the end of the pew) and he was all ready to give me their welcome pack thing, but dude, I ain't gonna stand up and stuff right (it's the same reason why I don't have The Vine's welcome pack!!!!)... Aie. Felt bad for the guy, but... really, I'm quite happy sitting quietly in the corner thank you very much.

Okay so after church I stepped out and flagged a cab down again. In the middle of the street mwaaahahaha. I love China. And then I cabbed it to Times Square to see VC who was in Shanghai in place of FC who'd gone back to Hong Kong for a week. And it was this cab ride that really made me miss Shanghai... because in the space of a year, Shanghai has changed so much. No more XiangYang Market, no more Benetton - it's become H&M, the building that housed Hang Seng Bank has been completely renovated - there's a 24 hr McD's there now and Hang Seng is round the back. Esprit in Times Square is no more - it's become a Zara - and there's Cafe de Coral in the basement. And there are Watsons stores EVERYWHERE. They've sprung up everywhere. No kidding.

So I had McD's because I haven't had McD's since I came to China (the closest McD's to this place is about an hour away) and PHWOAR! The filet o fish that I had was smoking hot! As in burn-my-tongue hot. In Hong Kong everything's made ready and thus cold by the time I get it. The fish! There was steam comin' outta it! I was so happy! V was trying so hard not to laugh. I could see the thought bubble above her head: Super dai heung lay.... Haha. And then we went back to the bookstore where I picked up a copy of Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, Esquire and... Vogue. Heh. And then I went to the supermarket and bought chut cheen yut ding (SUPER YAYS!) and RIBENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ribena is SO uncommon in China. And SO expensive. It's ¥68 for a 1 litre bottle. That's DOUBLE Hong Kong price. Chee sin. But... I still bought it hahaha.

Anyway, then I had to rush to cab back to Gang Hui Guang Chang to meet up with the others. We finally got into the car just before 8pm and arrived back in Hengdian at 11:30pm. Our driver was really stepping on it - and it was raining. Hahaha. I couldn't sleep much because I was still thinking about my eventful and super productive day :) And I was looking forward to skype-ing once I was back in my hotel room hahaha :D

Alrighty. Time to sleep. I'm so tired...

Good night. God bless! ZysShus.

No comments: