Every so often, I go into a phase whereby I wish I had a bigger collection of classical music. That's not to say I don't enjoy listening to Yarinda or The Vine Band or Dear Jane or Khalil. But my classical music collection is mostly Rachmaninov... and Rachmaninov.
I was walking around in HMV, looking at the albums upon albums of classical music and I really wonder how to plough through it, to find something I'd like. No wonder people prefer compilations these days... I used to hate compilations, felt it took away from the music as a whole. In the sense that... if you only listen to the first movement of my favourite Rach 2, you don't get a feel for the entire piece. And the entire piece is much better than just one third of it.
Oh well. I'm off to HMV again tomorrow to listen to some more classical. And maybe I'll come across something intriguing enough to buy. Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment