Monday, 17 March 2008

the religious girl.


-- Why! Why can't you take up this job??
-- Err. I'm taking a course.
-- What course! Defer!!
-- Cannot lah.
-- What course issit?
-- Um. Church course.
-- Church course?
-- Yah.
-- I didn't know you were so religious.
-- I'm not. That's the point.
-- Oh. (pause) What's it about?
-- Um. It's kind of a psychology thing.
-- Psychology?
-- Well. It's based on the theory that you have to deal with your issues before you can step forward.
-- Okay...
-- Yah lor. I don't know how to explain ar.
-- So you go to class everyday?
-- No lah. You think I'd take a course that has to go to class everyday?!
-- Once a week?
-- Once every two weeks.
-- So you can work in Hong Kong?
-- Yes. But no one will hire me for work in HK lah.
-- Hmm. Tell me how the course goes.
-- Okaaaaay...


It's interesting how several people have tried to persuade/scold me into taking up jobs that are not in Hong Kong, and when I say I cannot leave Hong Kong they only tell me off further or subject me to intensive questioning. But as soon as I mention that it's a church course then they kinda back off. I am not sure if it's because they think I am cuckoo and therefore not worth arguing with anymore, or if it's because it's a "Christian" thing and therefore they don't dare argue anymore.

Whatever the reason, I am, apparently, now known as the religious girl. I don't know whether they expect me to tone down on the verbal profanities that spew out of my mouth. I don't know whether that will happen. Tame the tongue, I know that... But vell.

It's bizarre to be labelled religious because I am so not, but then I suppose, like many things, it's a relative thing and therefore I am considered more religious than most of my peers. It's not a label that I like, I have to say, but not one that I will get into an argument about anymore.

This is my year of stepping out in faith. Although I have to step out in faith all the time, I suppose this year more than most since I'm actually turning down jobs -.-" Which is detrimental to my bank account but good fun to see how God is going to save me. Hahahahha...

God bless me.

No comments: