So I have this sneaking suspicion that somewhere along the way, I'm going to be needing my Chinese skills. I don't believe I would get so much translation work otherwise. It is, by far, the most unconventional yet fastest way for me to learn Chinese. I have no choice because I refuse to do any other job and this is kind of film related, so I take on these jobs that I am not sure I can do but I must finish them because well, someone else depends on it.Anyway. So yeah, I am proud to say that I am read a lot more Chinese than I could before. When I went to see Departures (the Academy-Award winning Japanese film), I didn't know there were no English subtitles. Only Chinese. I almost fainted. And yet after having gotten over the initial shock, I realized I had absolutely no problems reading. I'm so proud of myself. Admittedly, the film is quite slow-moving and well, it's not too difficult to guess what's going on either, but still. Yay me.
God bless China :D

No comments:
Post a Comment