I am really super blessed with great friends from all walks of life and doing all sorts of interesting (and sometimes less interesting) things. SM, for example, works for a prominent members club and therefore I got free passes to the Hong Kong Art Fair 09, and got to go to the cocktail thingy on opening night too. Yay me :D My sister has her hands in all sorts of arty things and therefore I got to work with the Cut&Paste team on Friday which was super fun since I got to see the competition too. Or some of it anyway.
Two things have come up recently which seriously is a little weird because they are both sort of links to things I want (or wanted) to do. The two things are completely unrelated and yeah, it's just bizarre.
The first is the shoot that should be taking place this week. It's just a simple one day shoot, but the strange thing is, for the past year or so I've been wanting to shoot food-related TV programmes in Hong Kong because we don't have any such programmes in English. I'm trying to write a pitch (several, actually) so I can go talk to AFC or Discovery H&H but my problem is I don't actually know how to write a pitch. I've always been more of a talk kinda person (read: bullshitter). Aiyaah. Anyway. The shoot this week, I learnt after I agreed to help out, is a food-related TV programme. What a coincidence. Or not. A sign? Let's wait and see what God says.
The second is a magazine thing that a friend has told me about in confidence and which I am humungously interested in because I've always wanted my own magazine. Okay so I wanted to start a literary magazine in Hong Kong (somewhat like The New Yorker) but at least this kinda gives me a start into what it's like to run/work on a magazine. Strange. But fun. But strange. After all these years... now this? Interesting. Very very interesting.
Well. What can I say except none of this might come to fruition and it really might just be a lot of talk and little action. But on the other hand, it's interesting to see how things sort of just pop up in my life. God is so good to me. SO SO GOOD.
Anyhoo. I should get back to the only paying thing that I am doing right now - translation. Ugh. Haha.
God bless :D Remember, things always work out in the end, somehow!

No comments:
Post a Comment