Tuesday, 12 May 2009

I heart Amazon.

The reference books have all arrived! Thank God for Amazon (and a friend's credit card) - now I can read about producing and budgeting and all that jazz. Stuff I don't know how to do and am expected to do... Interesting life I lead. Is it a dream to produce? Well... kind of. I guess. I don't know. I'm happy to do anything that's fun. Still. The mentality hasn't changed after all these years!!

Bumped into TY today - of all people - who also happens to be producing a shoot. She's producing a little mv (I use the word little because it's what... all of 4 minutes?!) I find it interesting how our lives are so parallel. It actually drives me insane. I like to think I am uniquely me... but it's bizarre how similar she and I can be. Sigh. I have to eat my humble pie and pick her brain. When I can bear to anyway.

The boat show was a blast. Well. Define blast. I got a lot of sun (read: sunburnt... but what the hell, I love the sun!!) and managed to wrangle my sister into helping out. If I sold one, I'd get commission but the chances of that are beyond slim. I'm really not sure I can carry on doing this boat selling thing - I'm not a big fan of the boss - but well... I'm in no position to turn the job down either. Oh well. At least I had a fantastic day today, driving the yacht back to Aberdeen. Heh. More translating work to be done now that the show's over. I hope I get paid soon. Sigh.

God bless.

No comments: