What did I expect? Really, what was I thinking?
Almost five years ago, I broke my Shanghai boy's heart. But every time I return to Shanghai, I always let him know because I want to catch up, I want to know how he's doing, there's a (very very selfish) part of me that still wants to be a part of his life.
But it's been three years since I last set foot in Shanghai. Three years of zero contact, except for the annual birthday wish on his birthday. I remember it every year. 14th January. It's a good day.
It's funny how five years on, the only person I want to see when I go to Shanghai is still him.
This trip to Shanghai, this short 4-day work-filled trip, I didn't see him. He was too busy to meet up. Or perhaps he just really didn't want to see me anymore. I hope my next trip to Shanghai will be sooner. I hope my next trip to Shanghai will give me a couple of hours to catch up with him. I hope...
I wish I could do a Taylor Swift and write a song about it. But I can't.
God bless my beautiful Shanghai boy, always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment