Gwaijai is coming back to Hong Kong. And there I was thinking I would never see him again. Hahaha.
We had a "company dinner" on Monday. Boss, Boss' mom, Boss' cousin and myself. I use inverted commas because actually, the four of us often have dinner (or lunch), so really, it didn't feel any different from any other day haha... I felt bad because there was almost nothing Boss could eat. Hong Kong buffets are so vegetarian-unfriendly. Seriously. I walked one round with Boss, and then asked him whether he wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant to eat... But in typical Boss fashion, he said it was okay and the night was all about "us" (cousin and myself, as he and his mom are the "directors" of the company, and company dinners are about the staff...) plus he really wanted the chocolate pudding, which was not often available at the buffet. Okay. Poor Boss.
At the dinner, I mentioned a mutual acquaintance - a guy who we met in the States on tour, and who has since moved to Hong Kong - and Boss asked whether I'd seen him of late. I replied the weirdest thing I could possibly have replied, which was to tell him that I would never call JK to hang because JK's "too smart". To which Boss replied, What?! *eyes roll* Me and my big mouth. So I told him, I find it somewhat difficult to hang out with certain people who are really damn smart-slash-talented. For some odd reason, I feel really inadequate with them, and therefore I would not hang out with them unless it were in a group. I can think of a couple of guys who make me feel like that. Girls too. Yeah.
Anyway. He looked at me askance, and I went on to tell him (me and my seriously big mouth) that that was the reason I never used to call him to hang out (back when we were friends), because he was too smart-and-talented, and well in all honesty, I didn't understand why someone like him would want to hang out with someone like me.
Weirded out. I think in those few minutes at the dinner, I actually forgot he was my boss, and I was thinking of him as my friend-who-I-tell-almost-everything-to. Idiot me.
Ah vell. What's done is done. To semi-quote Mr D... I've exposed myself as a "quivering fraud". Gah.
God bless the quivering frauds *eyes roll*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment