Friday, 14 January 2011

Shimmery seas.

The sun is out today. Blue skies, white clouds. There's a big silver mirror in the harbour today - light that's reflected off the tallest building in Hong Kong, and back onto the water. Gorgeousness.

It's my Shanghai boy's birthday today.

Yesterday, Boss' producer let it slip that TCW and his band have been signed to a major label. It actually hurt my heart to hear it, though I suppose most people thought it would make me happy. It is, after all, a so-called "major label". No. I am not. The contract is ludicrous, the terms are horrendous, and I don't think this record company is in a position to help them. Unfortunately, I am an open book - I find it extremely difficult to hide my feelings and show nothing, so my initial reaction was not a nice one. But I shut up pretty soon. There is a conflict of interest and I am privy to too much information from both sides *eyes roll* How typical.

So as soon as I changed the subject, I looked out to sea, and prayed hard. Oh God, please don't let this kill the boys.

I suppose because I am an outsider - as in, I'm not part of the band - my opinion is that the band would do better on their own. To go the indie route. I also suppose though, if I weren't in the position I am in now, I might actually have been happy for the boys. I know too much. Ignorance is bliss. Why did Eve give that damn apple to Adam to eat?

I really hope I eat my words. I hope the record label is the extra oomph that they need to get to the top. I hope they will be allowed to continue to make their lovely noisy music and they won't be confined to the power ballads they do so awesomely as well. I hope their spirits don't break. I hope there isn't too much conflict. I hope... I hope...

It's a beautiful day today. Somehow January 14th is always a beautiful day. I hope it's a beautiful day in Shanghai too.

God bless.

No comments: