Tuesday, 27 December 2011

2011 review. Part 1.

It's the last week of December. Time to think about the past year. Think about how much time I spent on myself, how little time I spent with God *sigh*

1. Finished the first year of working with Boss. I was getting so frustrated, but then that went away. I hope it doesn't come back. If it does, I'm not sure Boss can deal with my crap anymore *sigh* Anyway, it's been over a year and a half and I'm finally seeing that maybe Boss won't fire me anytime soon. I don't know. Sometimes I just don't think I'm necessary, at all. Like an expense that isn't really worth it. But I digress. This job is actually so good for me... Travel, no routine, great people around, fabulous boss. Hmm.

2. The money issues just get bigger and bigger. FML.

3. My church moved to Wanchai, and I... kinda stopped going. I've been three or four times since they moved. My excuse is that they are so far away. It used to take 15, 20 minutes to get to church. Now it takes about half an hour, maybe a bit more *sigh* I'm crap. Really fucking crap. I'm doing all the things that I know I shouldn't - choosing speakers (mainly visiting ones), making more of an effort when there's communion *sigh* WTH.

4. My youngest brother has diabetes. Sigh. And he got his visa to go to SFU in Vancouver, so off he flew...

5. Boss released his album and then went on a series of promotional tours. We were in a range of cities in China, including Nanjing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Changsha, Hangzhou and Shanghai, playing a couple of songs in each city. I got to see Louis in Shanghai which made me so very happy. So glad to see that he's doing so well. And hot damn, he's fit. SO fit!! But I digress. I think it was the touring in May that made me feel so much better. I don't like being stuck in one place. Hahaha. I'm such a douche.

6. Went to Bali in September for a beautiful beautiful wedding :) Met a great guy there and had a holiday "fling" (without the sex thing, does it count?! Hahaha...) He came to HK to visit and I knew it would never work out. It was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately, not my cup of tea. Bali, however, was beautiful, and I will always be grateful to the guy for bringing me to the beach (the villa I stayed at was not near the beach, but he was staying at the W, which is right on the beach!!) I loved being right in the waves, the hot hot sun, the icy breeze, it was beautiful. And the wedding!! I teared up as my oldest friend walked down the aisle on her dad's arm... So much love :D A super, super blessed week indeed.

6a. Must include separately (because it's *this* important) - the fact that I was able to go to Bali at all, that was a miracle in itself. Originally, Boss was scheduled to have a concert in Taiwan the very day the wedding was supposed to happen, but unbelievably, it was postponed. God loves me so much. So. Very. Much.

7. Grace's trip to HK - it was a girlie weekend, we stayed at the W, had swiss chicken wings from TPK and century eggs from Yung Kee, brunch at Betty's, hairy crabs at East Ocean, drinks at Red, the bestest meal of 2011 at Amber, we went to the fabric market at SSP, shopped in the little shops around SoHo... Funny how my two best weekends of 2011 both involved the same girl!!!

8. Spent the summer indoors in a rehearsal room in Kowloon Bay as Boss prepared for his concerts. First one in HK, then Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. And then we embarked on a series of slightly smaller scale concerts in smaller cities around China, starting with Ningbo and Changzhou. The rest will happen early next year, and I'm looking forward to a lot more travel. Yay.

9. Flew both brothers home for Christmas :) It's so good to have everyone home. Table for six. Yup.

Right. I might mull over this list a little more and get back to it. God bless me :D

No comments: