So last week, I met a guy. It was a random meeting - we worked the same project, but under most circumstances, we may have passed each other once or twice, but it was highly unlikely that we would have had any sort of conversation.
However, as fate would have it, he was sent to come and help me with something, and that's how we met. We spoke for all of maybe three minutes, and yet for some reason, I've been seeing his face for the past couple of days. Seeing his face in my head. I dreamt about him on the plane leaving HK. We're not even in the same country anymore.
A couple years ago, I would probably have flirted with him, and then slept with him, and maybe had a relationship with him, until I realised we were totally incompatible and that I was bored. It's funny how I think that I would definitely have gotten him into bed. I suppose one of things that I've learnt from making films is that guys never say no to free lunches... (Although how true this still is, I have no clue, since I am no longer in my twenties and my boobs have shrunk and so I probably don't have the same allure that I once did... but hey.)
It's funny because now while I think about it, I don't act upon it. But it would have been so easy to. So. Damn. Easy.
I guess it's kinda like smoking. You always have to actively say No, I don't want to smoke - even when you're dying for one. Although actually, if you're dying for one, that phrase won't even enter your head until you've had your first few drags...
I guess the title isn't exactly right, I have changed, somewhat, a little bit, but then on the other hand, I suppose it hasn't changed because I still have those impulses... All the damn time. Thank God He loves me... or else I seriously think I'd still be the same person I was all those years ago.
Friday, 2 August 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment