Monday, 17 March 2014

Veronica Mars hit me over the head

A couple weeks ago, I was hanging out with two friends at a cha chaan teng in Kwun Tong, and one of them was saying how I hadn't let go (of a previous boyfriend)... And I was so sure I had that I didn't even think twice about this conversation.

Fast-forward to the past 17 hours: I have just watched the entire first season of Veronica Mars. When I got to the third or fourth episode, I realised that I was rooting for Veronica to get back together with her ex. And I realised that I'm always rooting for people to get back with their exes - my sister, a couple of uni friends... (Unless, of course, I was told some horrific reason why the relationship disintegrated - but how often does one realise what goes wrong in a relationship unless s/he is actually in it?)

And so, in the spirit of refusing to linger any longer, I am looking forward to this new season in my life. And I am grateful for Veronica Mars, for rattling my silly brain and waking me up :)

No comments: