I blog you blog he blogs she blogs.
I listen to the CDs that were given to me the day I got baptized. I have a firm fave... if only because I have discovered that I am, most definitely, a rock girl. I like Christian rock! And I like David Tao (some of his stuff really is rather Christian rock-ish... it's great! I love it!)'s music. Heh. So the Vineyard album Holy has been playing day in day out on my flatmate's hi-fi set thingy. When I'm out of the house, he puts in U2 or Cafe del Mar or Everything But The Girl or Nirvana or Jay Chou or Eason Chan... but when I step in the front door, the Holy album goes back in. Before that it was Uncle Joe. But Uncle Joe's been playing at the bar (I LOVE the fact that I can play Uncle Joe at the bar) and it's been playing at Zambra and so I am able to listen to it outside of the home. I have played Vineyard music at the bar before. I almost had my head unscrewed for it. That was fun heh :)
Strangely enough, I almost got cold feet that day I was to get baptized. I mean really. One of my best mates, James, he crashed at my place, having finished work at the ridunkulous hour of 6am (yes he too is a bartender), he was sort of the reassuring presence. Thank God for James. I might have chickened out otherwise. Well no, maybe not, but I definitely might not have gotten up in time...!!!
And to some people's surprise, I didn't even give a testimony. Well, I answered questions. That's hardly giving a testimony. But well, we had a time limit and we all know how davina likes to talk :) I'll post it up one day. If anyone is ever interested.
So next week there is no PLUS, but the week after we are supposed to talk about marriage. Hm. I've always said that I don't want to get married. Now I don't care. Or maybe I should say I don't mind. Well maybe I do, just a little bit, but... Whatever God has in store for me, that's what I think. Baptism was almost like marriage. It's a commitment and there's no turning back. I'm not saying that I would ever want to turn back, but it's the fear of an option gone. I guess I truly am a coward hahahaha... fear of an option gone? How lame is that? But it was a real fear, I was scared. Hence the cold feet.
But it was a good day and a turning point in my life. A turning point. So many turning points where I run back and try to turn 'em back. This turning point, there ain't no turning back and I say good on me. Who wants to turn back to a life of being lost?! :) Funny how I still work there...
So let my life be like a love song... Yay :) Thank you Father! (oh and just randomly speaking, it's my daddy's birthday today! Happy birthday daddy!)
Thursday, 16 October 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment