Monday, 9 February 2004

Rejoice in the Lord... ALWAYS!

I have a problem. I don't face up to my problems. Or rather, I just let them be. That isn't a good thing, especially when you know the consequences are severe - not being allowed into the Kingdom of God is probably THE most scary/horrible/threatening thing I can think of. But then. The flesh is weak. That is no excuse, but. But. *eyes roll* BUT.

So today I was reading Galatians 5. I was actually looking for Philippians because the devotional that I'm going through right now was talking about Philippians. But for some reason I landed on Galatians and decided to stick to that. Oh Father forgive me for my lack of Spirit-led-life.

Earlier on in the week, or rather in the past couple of weeks, I have discovered that there are a lot of disillusioned, lost, unhappy, unfulfilled, dissatisfied, discontent people around me. Young people - my age, a bit older a bit younger... These people look at me and cannot understand why I am the way I am. They think I was born and bred in hugely favourable circumstances (which I was, but not in the way they think), they see me as different to them, and the people around them. Yes I am different. I am different because I am happy, if not all the time, then at least most of the time. I am content, I am satisfied, I have learnt to love myself. These people, you ask them "if you were given the chance to change to someone else, would you?" and invariably, they answer yes. These people they chase after 'higher' things, more money, higher position at work, status, car/flat/whatever... and these people, will never be satisfied.

For some reason, I am often rather reluctant to bring God into my conversations. I don't want these people to think that I'm some silly Christian who can't talk about anything else. But each and every time I want to bring God into it. I want to let them know that I am the way I am, I am this satisfied with my life, because of God.

And so it happened that yesterday I hung out with a new friend who's kinda cute :) oops, that wasn't info that's relevant haha, and who is really rather jealous of my profound happiness, and my seemingly neverending willingness to rise to a challenge with a smiling face. I must confess, I am only seemingly so, and usually only in relation to work that I enjoy. You will most definitely not see me rise to the challenge of cleaning up my room with a smiling face. And I explained to him that living your life how you do is a choice that you make. And I told him that I am the way I am because of my past experiences, because of choices that I deliberately make (ie. to be happy or not), and because of my Faith.

I love the fact that God is with me 24/7, that my life is in His hands. I love it. I love the fact that I don't need to worry about anything under the sun because God will take care of it. There are people who have told me that I'm naive and childish, that they don't understand how I can just give everything up to something that I can't even prove is there. I tell them I grew up with God, I have lived this life all my life, I don't know any other.

I wonder whether one day I will be able to make a difference in someone else's life. To bring someone else to an understanding of how amazing life is once you've given it up to God. I don't know. My friends, the people around me, they are disillusioned and lost, but not disillusioned or lost enough to be able to give things up to an 'invisible' entity. Hm. We'll see what God has in store for these people.

:) But hey. I love my life. I love making movies. I'm addicted and hooked. Ask me again in April or June and maybe I'll tell ya I absolutely loathe the movie business, but someone I don't think that's gonna happen. I don't think I'll be able to make it up to producer level ever, but hey miracles do happen haha. Yeah right. Still, life is good. The sun is out. It's beautiful out... especially in Sai Kung. First day of shooting is going okay. I'm coping, surviving.

I love my life. Thank you God :)

No comments: