I watched Initial D twice last night. It was actually two and a half times. I let it run while my flattie and I tried to transfer songs to his spanking new iPod. Great fun!! But I finally got up and stopped the DVD because otherwise Eric and I would have watched it again. Great editing, I thought. I now understand why it's totally a good edit that makes or breaks an action film.
It was brought to my attention last Saturday that the director and editor will be flying to L.A. on September 8th. Of course, nothing was mentioned about me and thus I am left dangling. I refuse to pay for my own visa to the States - tourist visa?! - and I am definitely not going if they won't give me per diem. I'd like a cell phone allowance as well. Accommodation is not even up for talks because if they don't give me that, then yeah, let me sleep on the streets of Los Angeles.
I wish I could just say no to the whole L.A. thing and just sodden move to Shanghai. I mean honestly, it's August 22nd and it's really late to tell the people in Shanghai that I won't take that job... and if I go to L.A., bloody hell, I don't know how or when I will be able to move out of my house. Sheesh.
But I suppose all this is part of the movie biz. And my own personal life needs to be stabilized if I am to be running around last minute all the time. I just wish I could move my stuff to some flat in Shanghai and just work out of there. I don't know how feasible that is though, especially if I work with Cory again - he's based in HK - or with Peggy again - she, too, is based in HK. Aiyah.
Anyhoo. I legged it to the office today because I didn't get up until noon... only to find my boss not in and everyone surprised to see me -.-" Geez.
Hungry. Need food. Where are my chicken wings and chips?
God bless.
Monday, 22 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment