Sunday, 18 September 2005

Days of being internetless

I am once again suffering from the plague that is called internetlessness. It really sucks but then sometimes I think it ain't so bad because after all, the internet is for me a distraction so big that I often do nothing but just sit and stare at the monitor and read useless articles and blogs and I just while away the hours without even realizing. But I do need the internet for work, I do have to check my work email despite the fact that I am not being paid to do work, and well, what can I say. It's just the way things are.

So here I am sitting at the same unbusy cafe, listening to the Beatles - funny that, I don't recall ever listening to the Beatles even though I know they were the love of my dad's life back when I was a kid - and thinking about what I could possibly have to say on this rainy, typhoony Mid-Autumn Festival.

And the Beatles have changed to Jennifer Lopez *shakes head*

I am here after watching the Liverpool-Manchester United game alone. I was sitting in a corner and I was surrounded by United fans. It was SO weird. I didn't dare yell a COME ON GERRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRD!!! at all because there was this really loud man very close to me and I was really worried he was gonna hit me. I nearly had a coronary a couple times - the couple of times Gerrard almost got the ball in, the time when Rooney was SO CLOSE to the goal I seriously thought we were about to concede a goal... I tell you, it's so much worse than strenuous exercise.

Another couple of days and I shall be leaving for L.A. These days I have been thinking quite seriously about buying an apartment. The only problem with that is that I don't have a steady job - although I could stick with my current boss but I don't think I want to do that because I don't want to be an assistant for life. The job in Shanghai would probably allow for me to get my own place in about a year, but I am unwilling to give up my interest and love for making movies for the money thing. I mean honestly. Yeah so it's nice to have your own apartment and it's nice to have your own car, but I won't die without... right? I'm getting spoiled. I am beginning to see why money is often considered a temptation. That's kinda sucky.

But anyhoo. I have to move my things to my parents' home in Fanling and my books to James' new place. I have already decided that I will probably have to stay at a hotel the next time I set foot in Hong Kong - I don't understand why I hate living with my folks so much.

Alan and I were talking about how family always seems to come last when it so shouldn't. Okay. I'm really gonna try hard to change this attitude. It will probably mean many more painful journeys to Fanling and all, but I should. It's not like it's working though, it's Mid-Autumn and I can't be arsed to go back. And I'm leaving this week *sigh* Crap daughter, crap sister, crap me.

I hung with my friend Eva a few days ago, and after I hung with her, for the first time in a long time, I prayed hard. Really wanted her to be okay, really wanted God to make her okay, really wanted God to show her her path, her life, which way to go. Eva is that miraculous survivor of the bullet a couple months back when the Red Cross car she was in got shot at in Aceh, Indonesia. She has bullet fragments in her face, a scar on her neck, a couple of smaller scars on her face, a loving boyfriend who thinks she shouldn't go back out on mission, but a heart that wants to continue her life of going out to serve God. Ah well. God will show her the way. She's become somewhat of a celebrity in the Christian world, a million churches asking her to share her testimony. To be honest though, she's still scarred by it, and I don't honestly think it's right to ask her to do that... yet...

So anyhoo. I'd better head back up to my flat while the rain has stopped. I honestly don't want my iPod and my book to get all sodden wet.

God bless :)

No comments: