Saturday, 25 February 2006

A new life?

A new skin... and I've lost my tagboard WAHAHAHAHAHA. Hmph.

And so as I contemplate the past couple of weeks, I discover that I am not... well. Let's just say it's not that great. Day to day, I suppose it's okay. But in a larger sense, I ain't doing shiet.

Honestly honestly, it's not so bad. I'm in Hong Kong, a place I profess to call home, I hang with the boys, I have breakfast at 4pm and dinner twelve hours later, I listen to people make music and watch amazing collaboration and ideas that spark and come to life. I do all that. And I'm still cashless but surviving, homeless but housed (or roomed as the case may be)...

But I cannot gum yu ping farn - I am not satisfied being ordinary. I wish I was. I wish I could learn the art of being content. I wish I were content. It's awful, double standards that I have - I tell people to look at the good things in their lives, and I guess I do too, but while I might be content, I am not often at peace with myself.

Anyhoo. All plans to volunteer at The Vine have gone to pieces as I am currently helping out at... at a non-profit organization. An artsy fartsy place. I was told it's three days a week from two to seven. I believed them. How daft can I get. I am a part time clerical officer with her own biz card. I handle projects, run errands, deal with correspondance and proofread Chinese. Are you blinking in astonishment? I am. (Note: I published this and then realized how awfully presumptious and arrogant that sounds... I actually meant the blinking in astonishment in reference to the fact that they are asking someone who doesn't read Chinese very well to proofread Chinese...) I have been worked a five-day week this past week. They wanted me to work tomorrow (oops, actually... *checks watch* today) but I politely declined. Actually I didn't even do that. I just didn't say yes and stopped picking up the phone.

I've worked a grand total of seven days (it's only been nine days since I was interviewed. That means... since I was interviewed, I have worked everyday except two: last Saturday and last Sunday). I know for a fact this is not what I want to do. I shouldn't complain. There are tonnes of people who are looking for a job and they don't get it easy like I do. Hm.

Okay. I'm going to munch my way through a packet of Lays and then brush mah teeth and go to bed. I love Lays.

Wish me luck I find my tagboard. And that I know how to put it back in.... hahahaha.

God bless :D

No comments: