Friday, 23 February 2007

Hengdian: first week.

Dear ShuShu

I have so much to tell you about this place and yet I have nothing much to say too. So strange.

Let's start from the leaving process... I left the house at the very very last minute, having ironed shirts and not done any of the other kazillion things I'd wanted to before I left. I got to the ifc to get two packs of HawFlakes (!!!!) from my friend Suki, and then rushed to the airport express and to the airport. Nothing special there.

I got my preferred window seat on the plane, but it was on the absolute last row of the plane which means my seat couldn't lean back -.-" My reaction: That's great man. But there was no one there to hear it. I pretty much passed out as soon as I sat down... When I woke up, it was to the rattling of the dinner carts. I passed on the dinner, I didn't think I could eat anything after that Burger King fake filet-o-fish, yucky chips and weird non-Coke. But I did drink two cups of water. Good girlo huh! Too bad I couldn't take pictures on the plane because I wasn't allowed to turn my phone on :'(

We went through one extremely terribly turbulent patch. Sitting at the back of the plane, the shaking and bumpiness was even worse. Looking out of the window at the wing, I could see it rattling so hard it looked like it was about to snap off any minute -.-"

Anyhoo. We landed at Hangzhou Airport and I was the lastest one to get off the plane because I was in the corner of the absolute last row. Mwahahahhaaa. Funny. I'm always the lastest. And then at customs, I was in the slowest lane. Hahahaaa...

Oh well. We got out of customs and then headed for the Buick that took us straight to Hengdian. It's a two hour drive when it's good traffic and stuff. Still, better than driving from Shanghai - that's almost five hours in good traffic conditions. Madness or what.

So we arrived here at our hotel in Hengdian. It's in the 'industrial' part of Hengdian. I don't quite understand why this part is an industrial park... oh well. Who am I to ask questions?! It's quite far away from the centre of town (by centre I mean the one street that has shops on it...) so I'm not entirely happy we're here but I shouldn't complain. At least I don't have a shabby room and the shower works well and stuff... as you can see here...

I've rented a fridge because I KNOW I'm gonna need it for when someone sends me cereal (so I can put milk in the fridge duh) and also for summertime. Though this year, I won't be outdoors so much (boo hoo :'( that really sucks) so maybe I won't need it as much... But hey. Who cares.

I've been to the supermarket once in the three days that I've been here. I forgot to buy conditioner and extension cord. I have mostly everything else. I couldn't find any ribena :( I must make a list of stuff I want... Hm.

Anyhoo. I'd better get to sleep. I've tried to read the Bible both nights but fell asleep both nights. I must try and do it earlier. I've also not been good about feeding my horse. I think it's less fun when you're not here... :'( that sucks.

God bless. Have a good weekend :D Zys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muahness. It's so nice to see where you are and where you're staying for the next 8 months! It's a peek into a life I wouldn't see otherwise. Be well babe :)

Mrs. Ma said...

Hey, the room looks pretty decent :D hehe!