The last half hour of my being 28 is rather depressing. I am watching the news, and goodness me, the number of depressing things that are going on...
-- In Taiwan, the dude who drove his van into a crowd of demonstrating people. He just drove into them, several times. One reporter got stuck under his van and was dragged for several metres... or several tens of metres I'm not sure. The reporter's colleague was on air and thus filmed his colleague under the bloody van whilst crying silently. WTF?!
-- In Hong Kong, some reporter was attacked in the dead of the night whilst at work. It's a damn good thing there were policemen and medics at the scene (of the crime that the reporter was filming). Geez.
-- Tung Chee-Hwa got awarded some sort of honorary doctorate *eyes roll*
-- The entire Anson Chan thing is just depressing. I think she is genuine in her wish to 'serve the people of Hong Kong' but somehow I think she lives in her own little bubble... Anyway. The dude who doesn't like her who works in the Legco... haha... What bad timing he has. I have to say though, I think if Regina Ip had been elected (which is not possible but still if she had), he would have been a hundred times more scathing in his remarks.
-- A 30 year old Japanese man died (about five years ago) from a heart attack leaving his wife and two very young kids... He died from over-exhaustion at work. I wonder if anyone in the film biz would die like that... we work 16 hour days everyday all the damn time. That's not to take away from the depressingness of the death tho. I'm just saying...
Ten minutes until I reach the last year of my twenties. It's not been such a bad time, but I'll be happy to enjoy this last year and then head into my thirties thank you very much.
God bless :D Good night!
Thursday, 6 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment