I remember thinking a few years ago, that I was super blessed not to ever have had anyone die on me, but on the other hand I was a little anxious that because I had never dealt with death before, I wouldn't know how to handle it when it happened.
When my good friend Mrs Fox's dad died two years ago, I was shocked but I knew the family would pull through and well, I hadn't been particularly close to her dad anyway. And then when Mrs Fox's little brother passed away, I was shocked beyond belief. It was a wake up call for me, put my life into perspective, but I was shooting in the desert in China, couldn't go to the funeral, and therefore could only send my love from afar.
This time... My heart really wrenched. Having only seen them a few weeks ago at the happiest of times, I guess, really broke my heart. Oh well. It happens. Life ends. I just wish it wasn't quite so abrupt. And I really hope I wasn't the only Christian at the funeral. I think I was tho. I spent the three hours I was there praying, silently, praying for mercy and for blessings to come into the family, praying that God could and would use the tragedy for His glory... I don't think I've prayed so fervently for such an extended period of time before.
God bless the Toh family. Hai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment