It's strange how I have this feeling that my film days are over. And it's quite incomprehensible why I continue to try to change my lifestyle so I'm not so late for work. Or well it's understandable because I don't want to be late for work and yet this job is so "not me", my friends - and sometimes I myself - fail to see why I should make such an effort to not watch Wimbledon so that I can get up for work.
Rejection is a strange thing. I have, in the past two months, rejected a number of jobs that other people would die for. Or well. They really want. This includes two assistant director jobs, a job as the manager of a super hot actress girl (biggest perk: flying to France all the darn time!!!!) and most recently (read: yesterday) a job as personal assistant to one of the most amazing women (she's a producer mainly but has many hats to wear) I've ever come across and her very esteemed director husband.
I don't think I ever anticipated this day... where I would turn down all these jobs that actually I'm super sum yuk yuk to take on. Especially for the super hot actress chicka because I love to fly (but then I do hate negotiating so I would make a terrible manager) and as personal assistant to the superwoman because there would be SO MUCH to learn and I'd get to fly a lot too...
But I know that God has His path for me and I also know that if the job were meant to be, it will present itself in my face again when I leave this admin girl job. I guess I'm still having fun, kind of, but with the gorgeous weather everyday these days (well, for the past three days at least) I am... rather moodless to work. Hm. At least this job doesn't need too much brainpower...
God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment