Wednesday, 5 August 2009

The horse thing... and the film thing.

I love horses. I really do. Perhaps it's because I was born in the year of the horse. Perhaps it's because, to me, the horse represents freedom - the beauteous freedom of fresh grass and gallivanting in the hills and meadows. Yeah. Well. In Chinese, and funnily enough, in both Cantonese and Mandarin, the word horse is pronounced ma. So yeah, it's a slightly different tone, but it's still pretty much the same.

In the past two and half days, two guys with the surname 'Ma' have challenged me humungously. The first would be Derek, who spoke on Sunday. I am eagerly awaiting the upload of his sermon onto the podcast so I can relisten. For now, I'll just say that he used the word 'crap' in his sermon and then five seconds later, apologized for it. HAHA. The second is Jaeson, who I have never met, but who just posted a blog post about two prophetic dreams. And for some reason, that prophetic dream spoke to me big time.

I've heard Jaeson speak once but I follow him on twitter. His passion and heart for God is something that I greatly desire. I am half envious that he is so close to God, and half self-contemptuous that I wish for this but do not act upon it, for it is my own choice entirely, how close I get to God.

Having said that, Jaeson's post made me realize, for the first time ever, that perhaps I work in film for a reason. Perhaps my work in film is not a stepping stone to something else, like I've always thought. It's not just so I can learn Chinese. It's not just so I can have some fun. And it's not just so that I can be a witness as to how faithful my beloved Father is (after all, how many other people can live with $5 in the bank - I kid you not, this was end of June - and not worry because God will provide - and He did!!) Perhaps my work in film is bigger than that. It's part of the revival movement. And boy, did that get me excited! To do something I love, and be part of a revival team for God. PHWOARRRRR.

And so my challenge is this: to get closer to God, to seek God like Jesus did, to walk in His way all the time... I can't wait. I'm so excited :D I love God so much.

Amen.

No comments: