But I got distracted. Seriously. Last weekend, I had this week all planned out. I was going to finish five scripts over the next five days. I had nothing planned all week, just so that I could do it. And what happened? Life happened.
It all started on Sunday. I woke up late, planning to work after church, when after church, a friend who's returning to Beijing later this week called and said Let's have dinner! I met up with him at Pizza Express (best choc fudge cake in town!), and we hung until past midnight. I passed out (on the sofa) about fifteen minutes after getting home. Typical.
On Monday, I finished one script before heading out to pilates. After pilates, I was going to go home and continue to work, but then YL called and we had dinner at some cheap noodle place in Central and hea-ed until 10 or 11. I got home and passed out (again, but this time on the floor).
On Tuesday, I finished half a script before heading out to sign a new lease for my apartment. That took a longer time than I expected - and in the end, I didn't even sign it... long story - and then I had to go meet Lady Haha in Elements to get tickets for MJ's This Is It semi-documentary thing. Twenty tickets, we bought. Amazing. We then had tea at El Pomposo on the podium at Elements - not bad. I was surprised. Then I had to go to Langham Place to meet up with q, whose ID card I needed to get $500 worth of Wellcome coupons. My internet/broadband TV is under her name... It happens. Anyhow. Then I had to go to PLUS. By the time I got home, I was, once again, knackered. I did a bit more translating before passing out on the floor again. Yeah. I do that a lot. I know.
On Wednesday, I had a lunch meeting in Central - we bought sandwiches and chatted on the IFC podium outside RED. So comfortable, this weather. I love. And since I hadn't been to the office in a while, I thought I'd better drop by, say hi. I dropped by. I was gonna stay and work but was too stressed out from the lunch meeting to think about translating. So I headed out, went to Segafredo and used their wifi to do a little bit of work. And then Lady Haha called and she came over and we hung out, and then we had dinner at MalayMama in Sheung Wan (awesome laksa!), and then we had drinks up on the roof of RED. Perfect outdoor weather. I love Hong Kong in this weather. Seriously. Again, by the time I got home, I was so knackered I didn't even bother trying to do any work. I just thought I'd get up early the next day...
On Thursday, random event happened and I was summoned to Whampoa at 2pm, where I was a friend's "assistant" for six hours. I only left because I was dinnering with a friend who's off to Japan on Sunday. Funnily enough, said friend chose to go to a Japanese restaurant with me. I was a little surprised considering she's off to Japan. But well. Haha. Hea-ed with her till midnight, got home at 1ish and passed out again on the sofa.
On Friday, I had a lunch meeting in Central (at Shake'Em Buns!), and then went location scouting for the next five hours. That was fun. Got home to rest up before heading out again at night... At home, I discovered two more scripts in my email inbox that needed urgent attention and so... those have been downloaded and I am supposed to be working on them. I then headed out at 10:30pm for an event that started in TST at 11ish, that ended about 1am, so I proceeded to go have drinks in Causeway Bay to hear the proposal story that is plaguing my friends (guy proposed to girl, but um... friends of the couple were... strangely unamused by the event) *sigh* Found that said drinks place in Causeway Bay serves food till about 2:30 at night! Woot! I know where to have late night meals in places other than Tsui Wah now!!
What a week *eyes roll* I wonder how next week is going to go... *frowns*... Crazy.
God bless crazy weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment