Tuesday, 3 November 2009

November!

It's November. Hong Kong is beautiful. If only the weather would stay like this... but then I guess I really wouldn't love it so much if it did. Yes, I am aware of how silly human nature is, we never really appreciate what we have until we don't have it. And which is why I always try not to take things for granted. Err yes. And I fail miserably at it too.

On Sunday I was playing mahjong (haven't played in four months!!!) with friends from the film industry and we were chatting about our lives in film. My lo sai (literal translation: boss - real meaning: she's usually the 1st AD and I'm usually the 2nd 2nd) was telling us how she just got a letter from the inland revenue department saying she had to claim tax from goodness-knows-how-many-years-ago... I was counting, and then I realized that I, too, worked on the same film. I'm terrified that the inland revenue department will realize that I have never claimed tax in my life. Speaking of claiming tax though, I don't even know which films should be claimed and which should not -.-" Aiyaaaah. Most of the time I work for a company that isn't registered in Hong Kong because it's just cheaper for everyone. And since we aren't physically filming in Hong Kong, it doesn't break any laws. Or so I think...

But oh well. I'll deal with it when it happens... *shudders*

I was at J's new restaurant last night, dropped by really, to give him my new gate key. I hate my new gate. Stupid fire regulation thingys. I hope all the other flats in my building are fined lots and lots of money because I'm the ONLY one with the ugly gate right now. I hate that. I'd hate it less if we all had ugly gates :'( I'm pathetic, I know *sob sob*

But I digress. Last night I was at J's new restaurant. I love it. I never understood how he could sit so many people in the restaurant, but now I know: it's gonna be hella cluttered! Especially in the wintertime when people have to hang their coats on their chairs and all. But it's Hong Kong. It's like that everywhere. I guess they gonna have to find very skinny servers. I love that the bar faces outside, and that I know the bar manager so very well. I'm gonna walk past and laugh every day I think. Hahahaha. I look forward to their opening :) It's gonna be fun, I hope.

Time to get back to work. Oh and I got Google Wave!!! :D I love my friends!!!

God bless.

No comments: