I watched Michael Jackson's This Is It film last night. I got tickets for opening night, actually, but in the end gave those away and went to watch it with 19 other friends. We were so noisy in the cinema, I love it!
It's been showing for a week and everyone's been telling me how great it is. I am never sure how to watch films that are all hyped up, because oh-so-often, the film turns out to not be as great as one expects. Anyway. I walked in, expecting to love the film, to dance to the music, to enjoy it and be happy because I felt it would be like a celebration of MJ's life.
And at first, it was kinda like that. Until all the love that was poured into the production of the concert became oh-so-apparent. And when MJ started singing Human Nature, there were tears in my eyes. Because I was remembering John Mayer's version of the same song at the memorial. One of the most poignant parts of the memorial, one of the best covers of an MJ song I've heard. Man. It was just terribly sad.
For the rest of the film, all I could think was, What a waste of a fantastic concert... It would have been so bloody good... Totally amazing. Too sad. Too too sad.
Anyway. I've been playing Human Nature in my head all night long. So here it is.
God bless. RIP MJ.
Thursday, 5 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment