January 2012. Re-watching the Delirious? Live in London DVD I bought last May at Worship Central. Just heard a Stu G guitar solo and thought about the time Martin Smith led worship at our church and stopped to tell Bau what a fantastic solo he did on the guitar. I miss that old Vine Centre. So full of memories. Yup.
Last September, while I was hanging with CC and her friends for birthday drinks, she mentioned that I really have to stop saying that I won't make enough money and it's just the way my life is. She reminded me about the power of words... and it suddenly really struck a chord. It's not the first time she's said it to me, but this time it really hit home. And so this year, twenty-twelve, I've decided that I will live abundantly in God's presence, and in the physical world. I will make enough money that I don't have to starve whilst sending my brother to school. And I refuse to be burdened by all the debt I'm in. So, God willing, I will be working my arse off with freelance work that will help boost my income. Yup.
And in order to not let me be distracted, I cut my TV subscription. My life - last few years anyway - was centred around tennis tournaments and cooking programmes and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and E News! and lots and lots of movies. No more. (Hence the rewatching of Delirious? concert, as I have no TV hahaha...) It's painful, so painful, especially now - red carpets and award shows, and the Australian Open happening down in Melbourne. Bah.
*sigh* I am not complaining. It was a necessary adjustment. Life is so much more than TV thank you very much.
This is going to be my God year. I have faith :) God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment