Thursday, 23 May 2013

And then the water came...

So Beijing's been great. And I've been travelling back to Hong Kong approximately every three weeks, and it's been great because I get to go to The Vine, and that makes me happy. But it's expensive, so... I got a new visa that allows me to stay for six months and so I'm going to be doing that.

I was planning to go to HK to get the visa this coming week (last weekend in May) but then Sigur Ros was playing in Hong Kong and it was my sister's 30th and a huge producer person is coming through Beijing that weekend, so I thought okay, I'll just head on down earlier. Can I just say... I am so glad that I did. And it's so weird, but it almost seems like the best decision I've made since I got here!!

There have only been amazing things that have happened since I got here. For example... I got to hear Eugene Cho speak. I got to see Derek. I got to throw my sis a surprise party. I got to go to the Sigur Ros gig. I got to worship with Gungor, even though I'd actually missed their proper gig on the Friday. And the most weird of all, I saved my house.

So last night, after my sis' last minute birthday gathering thing (I'm so impressed with her friends who all showed up on a Tuesday night, on such last minute notice, and there was even amazing cake!!), I hung out with TCW for ages. And then I had this company thing I needed to print so I went to TCW's house to print it out, and then go home. But as we headed towards his house, it began to rain. And after the printing was done, the epic storm was happening. And by epic, I really mean epic. The lightning flashes did not stop. It went on and on and on. The thunder was not that loud, meaning it was probably really far away, but wow. It just went on. The rain came down in buckets, and it was just crazy.

So I crashed at TCW's. Actually, I passed out on the floor whilst chatting to him haha. He woke me up and made me get onto the sofa... (at which point I tried to leave, but the rain was still crazy). And then an hour later, he woke me up again and made me climb into bed hahaha. And I remember telling him I had to leave, because I was flying, whilst walking down the corridor and plopping onto his sister's bed. Hahaha.

Anyway. I woke up and left, but left my keys and everything in my jeans pocket at his house. So when I got downstairs, I realised I couldn't get home. Freaking a. So I called him, and we met up halfway in between his house and mine. And then I was starving, and I felt bad about waking him so we went to eat. Except I'd miscalculated my check in time so everything was a bit rushed. When I finally got home, I had only 15 minutes to pack and get out of my house in order to get to the check in counter before it closed... and guess what I found when I got home. Water. Everywhere. Omg.

I stared in horror. And then I called my assistant in BJ... except her phone was off. So I had to call my other assistant hahaha... and then I asked her to stay another day - for which she had to reschedule her life because she has other jobs - and then I called CX to change my flight. Except because of the crazy weather, no one picked up for a good half an hour haha. And while I was waiting for someone to pick up (thank God for speaker phone functions!) I mopped my floor. With towels because they are better at soaking up water than my idiot mop.

Anyway. The point of this post, is to say Thank God. Because well... things could have been so much worse. Had I not come back to HK... Had I not extended an extra day (for Sigur Ros & for the sister)...!! And even thank God I got the Beijing job because otherwise I wouldn't have cleaned my flat and the damage would've been so much worse because all my stuff is always on the floor!! And most weirdly of all, thank God I got stuck at TCW's last night because usually I sleep with my phone on the floor next to the bed. Which means it would have been all freaking wet. Oh my goodness.

So I still can't figure out where the bloody water came from, but well, at least it's drying out. Crazy.

God is so good to me. Thank God I was here. And bloody hell, that was an epic storm!! I loved it!!!

No comments: