Thursday, 27 November 2003

Shine your light on us...

that all may see your goodness, shine your face on us, that all may see your glory - from a song... what song? can't remember the name. apologies...!!!

Sitting in Zambra today, feeling mostest naked without my book (which I had left at home) and rather unwell due to the lack of warm clothes yesterday, I overheard the two people next to me reading aloud the horoscope to be found at the back of HK Magazine.

I hate horoscopes and astrology, because they have such a hold over me. I love it, and at the same time I loathe it. It's horrible. It's so interesting and yet so wrong, it's intriguing and yet so wrong. Ugh. So anyway, I've shut up about most things astrological because I have decided that I am following God and He alone will determine my future and not some silly fortune-teller. Hmph. And my friends, my non-Christian, gay friends have suddenly cultivated this huge interest in tarot cards. Do you know how annoying that is? I am so intrigued by these things, and I must pretend to be all aloof and not interested. I've actually told them that I so wanna participate in all this but I cannot for the sole reason that I have dedicated my life to Jesus and so refuse to take any part in anything balingus. They don't understand the meaning of balingus. Why am I not surprised.

So anyway, I overheard this convo where my horoscope was being read, and it occurred to me that what was being said was really actually common sense. I actually really like to read the horoscope thingys in HK Mag because they are so well written. They are so loaded with meaning and yet could mean absolutely nothing. I don't ever think these things are accurate (unlike the personality stuff... which is mostest annoying I say again), but anyway. So the paragraph was about things that we rely on now will most probably be changed or gone in 15 years time. And so we Sagittareans should envision our lives in 2018 and plant the seeds to be harvested then. Which is true. I mean come on, shouldn't we all be doing that?

I cabbed it back to my place, and as the taxi raced through the highways of Hong Kong, I managed to catch a glimpse of the lights that have gone up for Christmas already. Such beauty, such superficial beauty.

There was so much I wanted to talk about but I'm rambling and not making much sense. I think it's because my eyes are glazed over, and my mind foggy due to the excess amount of Dristan Cold I have ingested to stop the running nose and horrible headache. Maybe I'll be more coherent tomorrow.

No comments: