such a mess that i can't even be bothered to use caps. but no. that's not nice...
Life is so crazy man. So I'm given this task of organizing the Hong Kong wrap party for the darned movie and DARN MAN it's madness. The party is on Saturday (which is a public holiday which just makes my life *that* much more difficult) and it's what... Wednesday today. Like yah I can so totally organize it. It's outdoor and there's a typhoon coming and it's something so trivial I don't even want to trouble God with it. I mean come on, who cares about a stupid wrap party when there are so many hugely bigger things out there that need Him!!!
DJ's been settled... I think... I hope. Expensive but not as bad as it coulda been considering the short notice, the fact that it's a Saturday AND a public holiday, it's outdoors AND the fact that they need to bring their own decks and things. GOOD GRIEF.
Nothing else has been settled yet. No alcohol or food menu in my hands yet. And dang blast it, msn's just crapped up on me. Ah no. The invites have been settled. I'm waiting for the final nod and then I can print 'em out and hand 'em out. The invites. Blood sweat and lack of sleep for Travis who is the absolute bomb. If anyone, ANYONE, needs anything done graphic design wise (I shouldn't say that here knowing there are fabulous graphic designers at The Vine haha) Travis is the man. And he doesn't just do stuff like this, he does a whole lotta other stuff too. Trav boy, I owe you. HUGELY. Being on this weird website at the mo means I can't link his name to his page. But man, he's amazing. So if you need to contact him ask me! I'll take a measly 5% commission *grin* I'm kidding. I'll refer you to him for free, because he's THAT good.
Ya know, life is mad. I mean here I am stressing about this stupid party when really I should be stressing about my lack of spirituality and the living of my life away from God. GAH.
There's a Chinese saying that goes something like 'when the ship gets to the harbour it will become straight'. In other words, everything's gonna be just fine. For most of my life, that's the way life has been... stressful and then at the last moment when I'm about to fling myself off a cliff, everything gets settled. Actually that's not true either. I just sleep the stress off. Except with this job, I hardly ever have enough time to sleep. DANG IT. Why does msn keep crapping up on me!!!!!
Umm... I have a prayer request: that I can make it to Hillsongs and that Diane can come with. I've paid for the conference tickets, I have my plane ticket too. I just need to find a way to come up with the money for her plane ticket to Sydney (from New Zealand) and for our accomodation. And hopefully have a tad left over so that we don't have to scrimp too much. Now you see, THAT is infinitely more worthwhile in terms of prayer requests. Asking God for good weather on Saturday is just really rather lame.
But in order to alleviate some of this stress, I'm gonna list here all the things to thank God for :)
Thank you GOD for being my anchor. For loving me and never leaving me. For making miracles happen everyday. For giving me a great boss. For giving me this job. For challenging me. For giving me challenges - even though I usually fail the spiritual ones. For the friends I have made on this movie. For a wonderful family who I am absolutely horrendously horrible to. For the people at church who never give up on me. For taking Janice to Shanghai to keep me sane. For a PowerBook even though it keeps dying on me. For Travis. For all my contacts in the F+B world. For letting me taste what it's like in the world of movie production. For letting me taste what it's like in all the different jobs that I've ever had. For the bestest flattie in the world. For Tim. For Iris. For James. For Alan even though he keeps disappearing on me. For my sister. FOR MY SISTER. For great music. For keeping me alive and letting me scrape through all kinds of self-inflicted disasters. For steering me through circumstantial disasters. For everyone I've ever met. For guiding me through the rocky waters of life through different people. For making me who I am. For letting me be a Sagittarius and not... okay I won't comment on that. I can't believe I just wrote that hahahahahahahahahaha.
Okay I feel better. I gonna go home and sleep and then I'll feel even better.
LOVE. God bless.
Wednesday, 28 April 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment