Correction: the place we girls landed at that night was not the Ashanti Dome. It was not. And I'm a bit worried that I had told Antonia and Mark to go to the wrong place. If they had been to the Ashanti Dome, they might not have found it so bizarre hahahahaha... Apparently, according to Ms. Alcoholic (that would be Joyce) Ashanti Dome is a fantabulous place. The place we went was a copy of it - it's called Dome and it's also in a former church. How bizarre. Talk about the copycat Chinese mwahahaha...
Today for the first time I had dinner with Janice and only Janice. Usually if I do manage to grab dinner with Janice, it's Janice and Kris and maybe a couple of other people too. But today it was just Janice and so we got to talk :) And it was a good talk. I miss talking to people who understand. It's been quite a while. Again I say, I MISS MY FRIENDS!!!
It was good to talk about our church (I wish I knew how to post a link on this darned computer but there doesn't seem to be an icon which I can press to connect a link. HMPH. I'm not complaining. At least I can blog...) It was good to talk about... well it was just good to talk. And it was weird too. Because I say a chain of... events? No not events. I saw something that was really weird - that I can talk to other people about certain things and I don't actually realize that it's relevant in my life too. ARGH. Like how I see religion and how it applies to other people. But somehow it doesn't apply to me too. Man, I have so many demons to fight, the biggest one of them is myself *eyes roll* I shoulda known.
It's funny how I try hard not to smoke when Janice is around, and then that night of the wrap party when I was about to jump into the harbour I decided who cares - God knows I smoke, why should I care what Janice and Derek think. Hmph. It's weird though, I still try not to smoke when Janice is around. It was a lot of discipline - like just now after dinner... I so wanted a cig. But well. I didn't. It's not entirely an accomplishment... since I'm smoking now and due to a lack of lighters I just chain smoke using the almost gone cig to light the next one... it's so weird. It's easier to not smoke because of someone else's presence. When will I remember that God is always there?
God. How does one explain religion? How can one convince others that you shouldn't judge Christianity by the way people act? That Christianity is about God and only God? And how can I talk to anyone about Christianity and my God when I'm smoking like a chimney and swearing like a... like a... I don't know like a what *sigh*
Anyway. I need to sleep. All I really wanted to say was - it's good to talk. It was great to talk to Mark yesterday :) and it was great to talk to Janice today. And I mosdef can't wait to see MY FRIENDS. When will I get back to Hong Kong.......... I never thought I'd miss it. Actually it's not true. I just miss my friends. You know that icon on msn that is a crying face? Yes I feel like that right now.
Good night. Good night. God bless :)
Tuesday, 25 May 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment