Okay yeah so Shrek 2 is the talk of the town. So what? My favourite animation characters are still the turtles in Finding Nemo *grin*
Talk about riding down a turbulent current though... that's currently what I feel like movies are all about. Good one day and better the next and then the helliest day you can get right after that. Just when you're at the verge of becoming complacent. I suppose it's good, keeps me on my toes but REALLY, I could do with a little less turbulence when I have to get up at four every morning. GAH!
Still the good thing is I have made a buncha new friends who are oh-so-cool :) Can't believe this movie is ending soon though. The assistant to the star of the show just called to ask about wrap party and end of show pressies. I'm like IT'S OUR THIRD DAY OF SHOOTING SECOND UNIT YOU TWAT! DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THE END OF THE SHOOT YET!!!!! Quite funny. It's hard to keep one's chin up when one has not had enough sleep and has had to deal with patronizing idiots all morning. I'm such a bitch sometimes.
Apparently I was told that I am really quite hard upon myself. The conversation took place whilst shooting on the first day and my boss was in the camera car so I could slack for all of seventeen minutes. It was a great convo, totally unexpected because it touched on the God thing and the self thing and it was deeeeeeeeeeeeep but short enough not to get our heads spinning too much. I had just said to the guy I was talking to that you are your own worst critic and about two and a half minutes later the tables had turned and he said to me HA! LOOK WHO'S TALKING! :) He's cute. And sexy. And he's somehow lost his faith he thinks. I don't believe that though, because I know he believes in something... one day when he finds out that that something is still God, that's gonna me make a happy girl.
OH! We have broken for lunch! Should I tell my boss? Hmph. But... he's napping. GAH. We haven't been able to work this morning due to the steady downpour of rain. Would not have been good for the cameras much less the motorcycle jumps and stunts.
Life is great in Shanghai because I have gotten to know all these new people. Life is crap in Shanghai because I miss my friends. Life is great in Shanghai because I'm getting to experience this whole new thing called directing. Life is crap in Shanghai because I hate waking up at director hours. Life is great in Shanghai because it's new and it's challenging. Life is crap in Shanghai because I don't speak the language and I don't know anything or anyone. Life is great in Shanghai because I see God everywhere. Life is crap in Shanghai because I'm still finding it so hard to put God first. But life is great because there is God. Hee hee.
Talking about the Hillsongs Conference to that guy who has lost faith was a funny thing though. I mean the whole serious deep convo started as a result of my telling him I was gonna be in Sydney in July (he's there in August) and the reason why. I was explaining to him all these things that I wasn't sure about. I hope I didn't say anything wrong. What do I expect to get out of this conference? Why am I going? What is the purpose? What will I do there? Geez man. I don't know. I was really going because I wanted to see Diane... But the questions set me going... and I mustered all the bullshit capabilities that I have and answered something that set his mind going and the convo ensued. But it was funny how the questions made me dig deep. And are still with me.
It's lunch. And I'm still worrying about whether or not I should tell Tony Mark.
Okay I'm gonna go and see if William has jumped off the Art Dept building yet. Talk about stressed out... poor boy. And then I need to jump out of a building myself cos my jeans are wet and muddy and so my legs are freezing cold. And it's raining and I have no rain gear. ARGHNESS. I hope lunch is good. I'm starved.
God bless :) Life is good if you want to see that it's good. It's all about perspective.
Monday, 31 May 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment