Simon called me today. Simon is one of the kids we taught when the mission trip to China happened last year. I called him as soon as I had a day off, but he's a four-hour bus ride away. He's changed his name to Simon - he was Seven when we met him. He's so funny.
He asked to meet up, and I would love to meet up with him, but I only get Sundays off and there's practically no way I can travel to Nanning. He told me his parents told him they would come to Guilin for a holiday during the Labour Week holiday (they get a week off here, as opposed to the one day in Hong Kong... but hey, they only get a couple of holidays in China so I'm not complaining... I'd rather have a day off once in a while than a whole week every couple of months..!!!) I said to him we would only be able to meet up on Sundays, which is my day off, and sometimes I don't even get days off. I said I'd let him know as soon as I knew - but I don't usually know until the day. We'll see what happens. It would be good to see him.
He asked me whether I had changed since we left Baise, and I told him my hair was much longer - to the shoulders! He said he couldn't imagine me with long hair, and I told him I couldn't either :) I told him I look a lot like my sister now. I explained at first I didn't have the money to cut my hair and then later on I didn't have the time to. Ack. It was funny because he said "Don't cut until I see you with long hair!" Haha. I'm buttering up the hairstylist here because I want him to cut my hair at some point!! I really look terrible with this hair!!!
Anyhoo. I need to sleep now. I'm so tired I'm about to pass out and my alarm clock isn't working. Thank God I got up today, I can't imagine how He managed to get me up, but then nothing is impossible for God, even waking me up!!
Good night :) God bless. Renee babe, you're in my prayers.
Tuesday, 19 April 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment