Friday, 1 April 2005

White paint

I went painting last night. I went to paint ceilings and walls at Tim's new studio. It's a great space, and should be lots of fun when it's all made up :) I'm looking forward to seeing it completed when I get back from China in August...

Hard physical labour is good for the soul when one is down in the dumps, and very therapeutic. Or maybe it was just the company of good friends. I have this feeling that my trip in China won't be half as good as it was last year - I gonna miss the company of my friends especially when I need them most.

I suppose it will be good, for me to be alone and to depend on God. I don't know if I can though. What with the smokes and straying.

At the moment, I can think of nothing worse than this trip to China. I absolutely dread it. What's strange, is that just two days ago, I was seriously looking forward to it. I guess it boils down to two things: non-Christian boyfriends suck, and the dilemma that I faced: would I give up my job to try and save a relationship that I didn't think would or should be long-term because he is non-Christian and we are so completely different?

What's odd is that I have always thought as soon as I move to Shanghai, we'll break up anyway. We have nothing in common really, and I have no idea whether silence between is will be comfortable or if silence will be 'dead air' as people in Hong Kong like to say. I don't know. I've not really had time to figure that out. We've never spent time together long enough to know. But all of a sudden and out of the blue, the thought that it might happen and soon...

I suppose in a way because it was so unexpected, it just hit me full in the face. It's not like he says he wants to break up. It's more like... I all of a sudden lost trust in him. I don't even understand why. Women. We think too much.

Just yesterday - before night time set in - I was talking about him. And I was saying how he's probably gonna be the first person I go out with who will last over a year. Dude. I could be so wrong.

But hey. It's just a guy. This guy at work asked me today, what would I do if the boyfriend left me. I said I'd probably be really really depressed. He said well then, if it ever happens, just eat a lot of chocolate. Hahahaha. Men!!!!!! I think he expects the boyfriend to leave me too. He's one of the few people who would know... he knows him too.

Okay. Enough. Gotta sleep :) So tired!!

It's April Fools Day. A whole day of meetings and ugh, goodness knows what else.

God bless. Congrats to Janice for getting into her dream school!! Yay!!!!!!!

No comments: