I couldn't decide between titling the post "Happy National Day" or "I love Howard's new car"... and thus, it's a toss-up *eyes roll*
Happy National Day. Today begins a seven-day break in China, where traffic is jammed everywhere and people go on holiday and no banks are open for seven days. Ouch. In the big cities most stores and eateries open during the week (do business ma...) but in the little rural areas everything closes. This morning, the Chinese flag was raised outside the Convention Centre by the Golden Bauhinia, speeches were made, marches were marched...
This morning I got home at 7:30am. I'd spent the better part of the night in the studio of Dear Jane watching them get a song into shape and ready for release. The whole mixing process reminded me a lot of the editing process that went on for DOA (the movie that I am supposed to still be working on)... and it was so interesting. Watching them upload the backing vocals against the lead vocal, put gaps in the piano-played-violin so that it sounded more real, listen again and again to the drums because sometimes their drummer is a little off, play the bass into the computer :) Such fun!
But anyway, I didn't ride in Tim's car this morning because it was just easier for Howard to drive me since we both live on the island. I'd actually asked for a ride to Causeway because I didn't want them to get home any later than they already were... but Howard drove me home. Dood man, he has a nice car. Integra Type R. Black. Spanking new - well not exactly, but new enough. Totally cool. TOTALLY. I love it so much.... and it's just a car. Crapness.
I wish the stupid production company would pay me.
Anyhoo. I think I'm going to sleep now. It's been a while and I am kinda sleepy. I'd stay up if I had something to do... but I have sod all to do. It's almost 11. I wonder what time I'm going to get up today. Hm.
God bless.
Saturday, 1 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment