Friday, 10 November 2006

Coffee and muesli.

I don't know whether the itch has begun again because of the dry weather, or because I'm being bitten by something. Honestly. It feels like it's because of the dry weather, but the marks on my skin seriously look like insect or flea or something bites. Very strange. Ugh. And so darn itchy.

The whole gay thing has come up again, mainly because of that pastor in the States. Ted. So many gay discussions everywhere. And more and more places allowing gay marriage or gay unions. And I am still divided, still not at peace. This issue burns too close to my heart perhaps.

It was funny to hear a Christian friend say, it's different now, because he's my friend. He's so nice sometimes it's like he is more Christian than my Christian friends. I feel ya, I really do. So many of my gay friends, they have such warm loving hearts, such tolerance and patience... and yet they are not Christian. God's greatest commandment was to love your neighbour as yourself - well, my gay friends definitely have followed this greatest commandment to a tee. No one else I know would take the time and trouble to make congee for me, or buy a heater, or make sure I had a working hot water dispenser thingy. No one else I know would go out and buy me a heater or an electric blanket. Maybe my parents would. My gay friends rock!

But the times I've brought God up, and in most cases I only try once, I've been told the same thing. They are turned away because they are not accepted. I have no answer to that. I cannot explain why being Christian is 'better' than being gay. I can say that without God, life is nothing... but. But. The big but. How many Christians are really Christian-like enough that you would want to be like them? That you would respect and admire and want to live up to that?

Oh well. Will I ever shut up about the gay issue? I'm trying to. Hence no forum posts. Just let me rant it out here...

God bless.

No comments: