Saturday, 18 November 2006

Flipping A.

I hate breaking promises. Flipping hate it. And I hate being a (or causing) disappointment.

So my bro asked me to sponsor his driving licence to which I happily and readily agreed. I never planned to tell the parents but inadvertently did so because I'm so stupid. Anyhoo. The mother vented about how she didn't want him to start driving so young blahblah *sigh* to which I responded that all my friends started driving at 16 or 17.

Having had that conversation I felt guilty and so I called the bro and said how about we compromise. She wants you to get your licence at 21, so how about we not do it now and do it a year or so later? To which of course he had to say yes, what choice does the kid have? *sigh* So now he's all disappointed because I'd promised to do it today. I called him at lunch to say I'd be home to go apply for the thing with him in the afternoon. And I call him an hour later to say how about we do it a year later. Geez.

If I were my bro, I'd hate me so much.

I kept saying I'm sorry, are you gonna be really pissed off? We can wait a year or so, can't we? Kept asking questions to which there is only one answer. Like he can really say no. And you know what's pathetic? It's one of the things I hated the most about my mother. She always asked questions that only had one answer. Even more confirmation that I will never ever ever have kids. I am too similar to my mother. Geez.

Ugh. I have issues.

God bless.

No comments: