Sunday, 1 June 2008

crazy may


It has been a crazy May. A May that began with two surprise parties, a May filled with birthdays, a May full of tragedies, a May full of hope and most of all, a May full of change.

Speaking of crazy Mays, I completely forgot to gum cheen today, the last day of May, so I am now officially unable to get any money at all because my card has expired and for some bizarre reason, I didn't get a new card *sigh* GREAT. Why am I so duh!!!! *sigh* I hope I have time to go to the bank on Monday. Not that I can get a card straight away...

May is crazy I think mainly because I now work for the church -.-" I guess it's not all that surprising but I'm not really cut out for office work (the poem in the picture was found at the desk of a colleague) and having to bik on the MTR every morning really isn't my cup of tea. However, I trust that the person I am filling in for will be getting better very soon and that I won't have to continue to do this for very much longer. Not that I don't enjoy picking up the phone and stuff heh. But routine is not my thing and though the office I work in is crazy (it's crazier than a film office okay) I'm just not entirely sure how long I'll be doing this for. All in God's time I guess :)

The other thing that made this May so crazy was the fact that I got to watch John Mayer perform up close. My goodness I was so close to him. So close. SO CLOSE. Ahem. Yes. AND I was standing next to Mr. Fong watching John Mayer. CHEE SIN. I've never been front row before and I don't expect ever to get front row exposure again but front row really is so awesome. SO awesome.

Hm. So in the midst of all my busyness, there've been times when I've thought about my current state of affairs (single broke and fast approaching thirty) and actually, it's not so bad. I can understand why people worry for me because I am, after all, getting to the age where I'm supposed to be grown up and settling (if not settled) but I guess "settling" is never something that's going to happen to me hahaha. Although I have also learnt: NEVER say never!!!!

My ex dropped by the office the other day with some of my stuff (mainly because I needed the letter with my new bank card but NO CARD arrived *sigh*) It was good to see him - I wish we could hang like we used to but I guess those are days of the past. Another week and he'll have been with this girl for a year - I'm happy for him. She's good for him. I really really hope he doesn't leave her after two years. The girls I know of have all had two-year shelf lives... *eyes roll* Maybe this one will be different. Maybe.

And this month I've enjoyed some good conversations with a number of different people. I love chatting to people actually, despite the fact that I profess to be a hermit hahahaha. I just don't like big groups. One of the best nights of conversation happened right by Hong Kong's gorgeous harbour. I look forward to more interesting chats this summer!!

And the last thing that's happened this month, is that I think I've found out what my calling is. I think. One can never be sure, especially when one is me *eyes roll* hahahahaha... But we shall see. This is going to be fun, and it's going to be super scary as I turn down all these film jobs *grimaces* Hmm.

God bless. Good night.

No comments: