Sunday, 22 June 2008

Hosanna.



Over the (almost) thirty years of my life, I've discovered more and more that God answers prayers... He doesn't necessarily answer them in the way that I want Him to, He doesn't necessarily answer them straight away. But He answers. And therefore one has to be very careful when you ask or say or even sing something. Honestly.

Today at church we sang the fabulous Hillsong United song - Hosanna. The lyrics of the bridge go:
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity


Note the words: Break my heart for what breaks yours. And lo and behold, two hours later, He did exactly that. And what came as a revelation to me was that not only was His heart broken for this thing that didn't happen, but He had to deal with me who questioned why - Why didn't You make it happen? Why?? - and you know when you're really upset, the last thing in the world you want is to be questioned lor. Hai. Poor God.

Well. Whatever that thing was, I was upset enough to not go to dinner and not hang out. I guess it's a good thing because I'm supposed to be subtitling, so I guess I shall continue doing that now.

God bless.

No comments: