The professor came back this past week. I thought I hadn't seen him since I graduated but I have since learnt that that is not true. The thing about the professor and I is that I only remember sitting and smoking with him. In silence. I don't recall things we shared or discussed. I don't recall hanging out with him anywhere other than at school.
Unfortunately for me, the professor has practically photographic memory. He mentioned places we'd been, things we'd done, none of which I remembered. None of which I remember. After he described the various things that happened in detail, I knew that he didn't make any of it up because really, it's all so me. I'm quite sure those things happened. But I don't have any memory of anything that he described. And that really freaks me out.
Either the things that happened were so traumatic I've blocked them out of my mind. Or it was just all terribly unimportant to me so it just never registered. Bizarrely enough, I doubt it's the latter but can't imagine it to be the former. What the hell.
Now that I realize there's a big chunk of memory missing from the big book of me, I'm going to be so paranoid. Oh. Maybe I can trawl through the archives of this blog and I'll find something. HAHAHA. As if.
Well. God bless the professor. Yup.

No comments:
Post a Comment