Wednesday, 3 June 2009

VIIV

Whoever came up with the new logo for June 4th is really bloody clever. VIIV. Roman numerals for 6 & 4.

It's hard to believe it happened 20 years ago. There's a part of me that thinks honestly, they are so dumb to try and censor everything, still, but another part of me that somewhat understands that they think this is the only way to have some semblance of control over 1.3 billion people. I do, however, strongly believe they are waiting for the last of that ruling generation to die out before they admit the wrongs... to avoid sending the old guard to jail/to their deaths, to avoid a riot in case the old guard are let off...

I love China. I wish things didn't have to be this way but I suppose every country goes through this kind of thing as it grows up, as it evolves. It is what it is... until it isn't anymore.

VIIV. May the families of those who died find peace somehow.

God bless China and her people.

No comments: