Tuesday, 30 June 2009

What a difference ten years make... not.

Around this time ten years ago, I was just done with year one at university, I'd just broken up with my second boyfriend and beyond that, I can't remember what I was doing. I had a home in Kennedy Town, sharing a flat with three other girls, but spent most of my time at HS's flat in Wanchai where I had much more... space.

Ten years on, the only similarity is that I'm still broke. Wait. That is not a good enough description on how broke I am. The only similarity is that I am still broke beyond belief.

I've actually sunk to an all-time low. I remember thinking at the beginning of the month, this is the month the bank pays out interest... and here I am, last day of the month, and I have five bucks in the bank. NICE ONE.

But I won't starve. I was given five Wellcome bags of groceries last week, which I found outside my door. I was on my way out to see a movie (I am blessed with free movie tickets every couple of weeks) and I couldn't open my gate because there were grocery bags just outside. Eggs. Toothbrush. Tinned mackerels. Instant noodles. Ribena. Kleenex lotion tissues (which I haven't bought since I left Mid-Levels because ghettoland supermarkets don't stock them). Macaroni. Luncheon meat. Cookies. Crisps. I should have taken a picture, but I forgot.

I made a list recently, of things I can only do when I have money. Things like getting a driving licence and going skiing and buying my parents a massage chair... Yeah. I can't actually see these things happening in the next couple of years *sigh*

Anyhoo. The most pathetic thing is, of course, that even though I only have five bucks in the bank, I am still procrastinating.

God bless the hardworking... Procrastinators don't deserve to be blessed.

Thank God for grace.

No comments: