Pillow Talk: Intimate conversation between lovers, typically taking place in bed.
There hasn't been much pillow talking lately - it's a con that comes with being single - but I recently had an early morning conversation which was quite pillow-talky with the professor. It was 8ish and we'd just woken up. Or... he woke me up. Same difference. And of all the things to talk about, we somehow veered into the world of relationships.
The professor's relationship with his long-term girlfriend is one that I cannot even pretend to understand. She's very liberal, he told me. Uh. Okay. She doesn't mind if I sleep with other people, but she would mind very much if I loved her even 0.1% less... I frowned. I'm still frowning, as I try to make sense of this phrase... What? Okay... Well... I'm glad he has her. They make a good match. I could never fathom a relationship like that, and I'm happy that it works for them.
And then we got talking about my last relationship. Enough already... I don't particularly want to talk about my last relationship anymore. He left me a year and a half ago. He's been with this girl for past two years and they're going strong. Can we not talk about this please? But well. I am she who does not know how to say no.
Blah blah blah, the words spilled out of my mouth. Yes. Well. I'm happy for him, he's happier with her, she's good for him, they're a good match, they have more common ground, she makes him laugh etcetcetc... And then the professor looked me straight into the eye and said, Liar. I blinked. What? He shook his head as he continued to look me straight in the eye and said, You're just saying all those things to make yourself feel better.
My jaw drop turned into laughter. I'd forgotten how brutally honest the professor can be.
I conceded that I was saying all those things to make myself feel better, but there's still an element of truth to what I'm saying *sigh* So anyway. We decided it's better to stop talking... and as we "enjoyed" the silence, this song started playing in my head...
God bless the professor. God bless Shu. And God bless Dear Jane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment