A long time ago, I used to talk to this guy about life and God and life... and then... life intervened and he got married and we talked less. Much less. But in times of well, in times of doubt, especially when it comes to God things, he's still the first person I think of, and if it's important enough, I actually do ask for an hour of his time. Okay. That's happened once. But still. It was important enough to me.
So that one time... I don't even remember when it happened. Last year maybe? Or a couple years ago? Weird. I don't know. I just know that I had a sudden realization. I don't even know if I blogged about it. I just remember that I had the sudden realization and a need to talk to someone about it. So I did. I went to find the guy and took up an hour or so of his time, and we talked.
And his reaction was... moderate. I think he was - actually, I'm sure he was - unsure how to proceed. Because what I was saying was pretty radical I guess. And it's not something you should fan the flames of if you aren't sure it really is from God. So he was moderate. And he also tried to temper what I was saying with reality checks. That maybe what I was saying could be applied within my life as it was already, and therefore radical change might not have to happen. Heh. But while I appreciated the fact that he was so careful about it, I wasn't sure what he was saying was really for me.
Anyway. Fast forward to this month. This ridiculous month where I sunk to the bottom of the pond because of work-related-issues. And then the sermon. And still nothing until tonight. When a guy mentioned it randomly in post-dinner conversation. Weirded out. And then it hit me. And then... it all came out. For the first time in a long time. And it makes me happy. Because I know it doesn't matter that much that I suck at my job... because actually, I have another job that's coming when the time is right.
Yay me. God is so good to me, I don't even have the words to explain it. Ahhhh...
God bless.
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment