Sunday, 19 September 2004

Rational thinking

I put on a pair of pants I bought two and a half years ago. I bought them even though I could barely fit into them. Over the past two years or so, I've been trying them on every so often, never ever fitting. It's the first time I'm putting them on this year, the first time since the movie. And I fit. They are just a tad tight, but I can button them up and pull up the zip. It's great, I love the pants, but it's a terrible thought that I've lost that much weight. I wonder where it's all gone.

The ups and downs of the week before have more or less disappeared now. I've resigned myself to working in Hong Kong, and it actually seems like a good idea to pay off my debt before I run off into China doing things that probably won't pay very well. I actually am enjoying what I'm doing very much, and the new girl that we hired is, as I had known she would be, really very good at the job. If we can get all the business that I am trying to get, then we can hire her full time and she will stay a little longer. I don't know how long she will be willing to stay on... I just hope she sees enough in it to stay on for about a year at least.

But work has been rather more overwhelming than I had expected. I would never have guessed that I'd be working this much - and I'm often so tired by the end of the week that I sleep 12 to 16 hours on Sunday. I've been working there three weeks, it's happened every single Sunday. Hmph. I guess I should solve that problem before trying to figure out whether or not I can serve at The Vine...

Definitely need to do more time management, and definitely need to make myself sleep. I think the best thing about the film was that I slept before midnight all the way up until Shanghai, and even when I was there, I realized just how important sleep was and never got myself too tired. But now that I'm back to the bumming routine (despite the job!) I sleep at ridiculously late hours because I'm too busy reading Tigana for the eight-hundredth time or something. GAH.

It's funny how I've found myself rather more responsible this year. I suppose part of that is because of my ever-increasing age, part of it is due to the movie, and there is a part of it that's due to some guy in Shanghai. Friend of mine said to me the other day: Relationships tone you down. It's true. They do. It's a good thing on the one hand, but I worry I will lose my spontaneity and what not. But then... I don't think that's even possible. Ha.

Remind me to always buy Mark Six in pairs - that is, with someone else. That person should buy after me, and should buy sets of numbers that I haven't bought. That way, s/he'll win. Lots. I suck at Mark Six hahahaha...

Alrighty. In the near future, I think I need to take a day off and concentrate on some of the R.A. stuff I'm supposed to be doing. I also need to remember to buy ink for the C43UX printer. AND I WANT A 12" POWERBOOK. It's the cheapest of the lot... Waaaah...

God bless :)

No comments: