I suppose the best thing about humans is the uncanny ability to adapt to anything. Of course, the thing that makes the biggest difference is whether or not one is willing to adapt. That is just crucial. The heat here is like no other heat I have ever experienced - actually, that's not exactly true. It's as bad as it was in Baise back in August last year. But I suppose only being there for a week or so makes a lesser impact than being here for six weeks, and four of them under harsh sunlight. I have arms as dark as dark brown mud, a panda face - a result of wearing shades, and completely burnt shoulders.
Again, like the last movie, I am beginning to experience just how surreal making a movie is. I suppose it's being away from home and friends and anything that you can call civilization. It's also because one is stuck here with the same bunch of people for a couple of months. I would guess that making movies in Hong Kong is slightly different, if only because one can go home and hang out with one's friends.
I remember thinking like this last year, that what happens in the couple of months that one is away from home could actually be completely erased, like it never happened. Honestly, I don't know what non-Christians do. I can hide whatever happens here from the rest of the world - people in 'my' world that is - but not from God. It's such a weird feeling, to think that one can get away with anything for a couple of months. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I went away on a movie shoot and didn't have a boyfriend to anchor me to the ground. Would I still have that kind of control that I say is because I am Christian and have to answer to God? I guess I have to have some faith and say yes...
Anyhoo. It's 10:30 and I mosdef need to sleep. I haven't done anything that I said I would do today, but I cannot be arsed I am so tired. I wonder what will happen tomorrow. I wonder...
God bless. Good night.
Monday, 16 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment